Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Stuck with Decisions

Have you ever in life did so badly in your exams and you felt really bad, you just don't know what to do?

Well I have, ashamed to say this, I have failed every single subject that I have taken for last semester and it was just horrible. Now I am facing exclusion from my Uni... and my mum is worried sicked about my studies. All of you must be thinking hard there, how in the world can this guy fail all his subjects? Simple question Simple answer... I was not well prepared for my finals. I was half playing half studying.

But now I have learned my lesson and I know my mistake so I will and I must change my old ways! (well easier said than done) but I swear I will do
and try my best.

Now my family is asking me to reconsider taking up accounting, they are afraid that I can't take it. Well I can take up accounting why can't I? If other people can do it, I can do it too right? furthermore I believe I have done pretty good in my bookk
eeping in Diploma. One of the main reasons that I am being asked to reconsider is because in the first place accounting was not a course that I actually opted for, put it this way I was kind of being forced to take it.

But after getting a taste of accounting I kind of like it... weird huh? Well one reason why I liked it is because by studying accounting I have a wider choice of career which I want to take up when I graduate. One of the choice that is available for me would be working in an Airline Company.

For years I have been an aviation enthusiast... I love to go to airport to do aircraft spotting during my free time. I basically read aviation magazines mainly on aviation business. One of my role model is Mr. Tony Fernandes the owner of Malaysia's mega Low Cost Carrier, Air Asia. From my understanding Mr. Fernandes is some what like me and aviation enthusiast but graduated as an accountant and worked for Warner music. One day he decided to shift his career from working and managing warner music to managing and owning his very own airline. Until today he is very successful, under his hands Air Asia has flourish.

In 2004 Air Asia placed an order for up to 80 Airbus A320 aircrafts (pictured), which in late 2006 the number of order was increased to a 100 aircrafts.


At first, I was stuck with a lot of decisions whether am I suppose to continue on with accounting, it was a tough decision that I had to ponder for a few days. But finally after getting some advice from a very good lecturer of mine, whom I will still see again this semester has certainly made decision making a lot easier.

Can you guess what is my final decision? ;-)

Well if you have guessed that I am still continuing as an accounting student than you are most certainly 100% correct!! I decided to pursue my career as an accountant! thanks to Mr. Fernandes and my Lecturer.

Air Asia's aircraft photo taken from Air Asia


No comments: