Thursday, July 26, 2007

Delicious Breakfast and Lunch

Ok enough of the rantings. Time for happy posts...FOOD!

A Tuesday morning, rainy and cold. Woke up early send mum to work and got back home and rushed to the airport. To catch a flight to some other place to have breakfast and lunch? errr... I am no Donald Trump or Bill Gates, can't afford to do that. LOL. Well the reason I went to the airport so early was to see Brenda off. She is going off to Nanyang Technology University (NTU) in Singapore. Really sad to see another friend go off. Which reminds me Greg went off today to KL to continue his studies... sighs... sad.... every time when I am at the airport it is a sad situation as I am always there to send someone off.

After sending Brenda off. We were all very hungry, so its time for breakfast... after a some what long decision. We decided to go to Kaya and Toast at 3rd Mile. Kaya & Toast is one of the few places that serves great toasts. They offer variety of toasts that you will give a hard time to decide what do you want.



The Menu

I think it was a great idea for them to come out with the set menu. It makes decision making much more easier for the customers. If in any case customers feel that the set meal is not enough they can always add on by ordering other toasts from the main menu. As for the set menu, you have a choice of choosing coffee or tea. Well I chose Set C and my choice for my drink was coffee, what can I say I love coffee, LOL. Another thing is that if you wish to change your drinks instead of having coffee or tea for the set menu you will have to add in another RM0.50.

The set menu comes with 3 choices


As I have said, I decided to choose Set C which is toast with ham and cheese and a bowl of half-boiled eggs. My choice of drink was coffee. I then added another french toast into my menu. I thought the ham and cheese toast was not that bad. Coffee was ok, not to diluted like in some places these days. I love the half-boiled eggs which taste great with dark soya sauce and pepper. The french toast was good, but they should offer a choice of kaya or creamer with the french toast. Currently the french toast comes with kaya only.

My Set C menu, Coffee, Toast with cheese and ham, and half-boiled eggs *smacks*

Overall Kaya & Toast is a great place to go and have breakfast or tea. The toast are good, but compared to the coffee shops it can be a wee bit more expensive but its worth it.

Kaya & Toast has a few branches one is at Central park a.k.a 3rd Mile another one at Petanak and the newest branch is located at Tabuan Jaya same row with Siang Siang.

After a few hours....

LUNCH TIME
After a few hours its time for lunch. Its time for Korean. I have not been having Korean food for quite sometime. So we decided to go to Seoul Garden and again it is situated in 3rd mile not very far off from Kaya and Toast

SEOUL GARDEN

The last time I had a Korean meal was with Florence and Koh Ping in Dae Jom BBQ house at Jalan Song. I have not been there for a long time.


Seoul Garden is one of the Korean restaurants that serves authentic Korean dishes. It is not that bad. They have a good menu with a wide variety of choices for their customers to choose. Now they even offer set menu.


The owner of Seoul Garden are Koreans, pioneered by both husband and wife. The husband is very friendly. He recommended me the Dolsot-Bimbimbab, which is a hot bowl, inside it is rice. egg, bean sprouts,shredded cucumbers, minced meat, crab meat, Chinese mushrooms. Then you will pour chilli paste into the rice and stir it. Because the bowl is made of stone and it was left on the fire to heat it up it was so hot that the egg actually cooked in that bowl once the mixing is done.


DOLSOT-BIMBIMBAB

DOLSOT-BIMBIMBAB After mixing with chilli paste

Another dish that I really wanted to try was "Jjang Myun" to translate it is Soya Sauce noodles. It is different from the Chinese version. The Korean version is served with potatoes cabbages. and the sauce comes with dark soya sauce and also prawn paste. Finally on that day I saw it. I was so thrilled that without a second thought I ordered it. It comes in two version one with separate sauce and another with the sauce. I chose the later.

Jjang Myun

Chang Ting seems overjoyed when she saw the Jjang myun

Other dishes we had that day was, Kimchi-chigae Chye Lin's choice, Beef stew Chang Ting's choice, Jjang Rice Greg and Wei ta's choice, Hot plate beef Morgan's choice. There was also Korean sushi which I can't remember the name and also Kimchi Dumpling.


Stewed Beef

Kimchi Chigae

Rice that comes together with the Kimchi-Chigae and Stewed Beef

Side dishes (top to bottom) vege, Kimchi and Bean sprouts

Kimchi Dumplings


I love this soup. Its seaweed soup *Smacks*

Jjang rice

I love the Korean dining sets. Ha Ha..

Chye Lin busy with her Kimchi


Another thing about that day was that I was truly fascinated with the quote on Wei Ta's shirt. Which I could not resist but to take a photo of it.



Wei Ta's shirt which fascinated me with the quotes

Map to Seoul Garden (NOT TO BE SCALED)

If you are thinking of having Korean food in Kuching, I do highly recommend you to consider Seoul Garden. I have drawn a rough map on how to get there but note that the map is not fit for scaling. I would definitely go back to Seoul Garden if I am thinking of Korean food again.

15 comments:

Angel Valerie said...

that korean food looks delicious to me... waaaah... i've been here for two years already but then, i havent get the chance to try out korean food except for kimchi...

so sad...

Dwinz said...

angel: I love Korean food. I am so happy that I was able to try the Jjang myun. I've been dying to try that dish. Finally I tasted it.

I think the Dolsot-bimbimbab was good too. Suprisingly I don't find it a bit spicy but it was very hot as in not chilli hot but because the rice took a long time to cool down.

But overall I am happy with all the dishes.

pmp said...

Why say my face very fierce ha????
I'm so innocent.

Dwinz said...

pmp: But you look at the pic your face so serious de... looks very fierce neh >.<"

LOL... don't you feel so?

Anonymous said...

hahaha....... so fast you put all the picture on the blog. I really like kimchi so much....... hehe........ when i have enough saving i want to go again. :p

Dwinz said...

chyelin: Yealor... when I see you eat kimchi I really salute you. You can buy Kimchi in Choice Daily or in Everrise actually.

You can always try to cook Kimchi stew too. =)

Anonymous said...

i dun know how to cook ler, if you can get a kimchi recipe to teach me i think will be better...... haha...... then i can have it everyday....... hoho.......

Anonymous said...

Beware of the boss! His a racism! Overheard sometime ago that he told his staff that Malaysian are very lazy and stupid. Malaysian food are tasteless. Only Korean are the best. This is all from his mounth. Heard it myself. After that, never wanted to go there anymore.

emointhecorner said...

oh gawd korean food in aus so far...

SUX like hell! its like the kimchee got no kick and the bulgolgi is so so so so sweet ><"

sigh y y y do they try so hard to please the damn white people! if they don't like it too bad lor!

still got the majority of the asian customers and those white ppl who understand the greatness of the original style of korean food!

you should try my kimchee pasta lol! im so proud of it hehe ^^.

Anonymous said...

NIce and seems interestiing yet delicious altho din noe any of it. Hehe :) U can also be a Ambassador for most of the shops. U describe well le

*Siang*

Dwinz said...

chyelin: I have the recipe for kimchi chigae. Just that I have not tried cooking it. Will pass it too you soon. Thinking of looking for other korean food recipes. hehe

anonymous: Really!? He seems like a nice guy lol... heck I didn't know that. Wah stayin in Malaysia and yet say Malaysians like that. I think he must be drunk! His staffs are Malaysian too... wouldn't that offend the staffs?

I'm thinkin of Koreana next. Hehehe

emointhecorner: Really? maybe the chilli in aus is not spicy enuf. LOL

Seriously.... there is kimchi pasta... sounds weird neh.... nice ar?

Siang: Thanks for the comment...lol other people describe it better than me. You should try out more food. Kuching is a food heaven. So to speak. =)

emointhecorner said...

ahahaha i dunno ey but its just so so so shitttt ><"

i mean tasted like so sugary and stuff i think there was sugar-encrusted beef in my bulgolgi!

ahahaha of course th kimchee pasta is
nice...

I MAKE WAN! of course hrumph. ahaha i oso make char siew pasta when im too poor to afford beef!! lol ><"

Dwinz said...

LOL... this is like so fusion la mei mei its like western plus oriental. Maybe we can go open a shop called fusion delight. Then we serve kimchi pasta, char sio pasta, wasabi pasta, tomyam pasta... LOL... I hope its all edible. I mean the wasabi and tom yam.

But i always thought that Bulgogi is on the sweet side.

emointhecorner said...

hm a bit lar. but this was totally sweet like

'sweet sweet-ish'! ahahah

ooo wasabi pasta sounds interesting. it is possible thou, no joke. i think i have an idea. i'll try it out and let u noe lol.

i shall prevail muahahahah

i cAn't wait till im back lar. hehehehe so soon! miss u heaps liaw koko!!

Dwinz said...

emointhecorner: Wah don't simply try ler.... later go in Hospital to get a stomach pump lol