Sunday, January 20, 2008

Vacation @ Kuching Part 1- The Junk Restaurant

................................................................................................................................................................................
Short Talk:
Thinking of shedding of a few more Kgs...woo hoo... diet time...lolz....nah joking...

................................................................................................................................................................................

Well after giving it a good thought I am going to split this post into a few parts. So that it won't get too long and bore all you dear readers out there to sleep. haha. I assume it will be neater this way too.

well the first night of my so called vacation was bringing both Brendan and Hans to this cheeky little restaurant downtown. The name " The Junk Restaurant" as mentioned in the name, the restaurant is really full of junks. But wait...it is not just any kind of junks, these junks are valuable junks because the owner of this restaurant loves to collect antiques and use it as decorations for the restaurant.

Photobucket
Antique clock

Photobucket
Antique lantern

Once inside the restaurant even with all the antiques inside it...there is no eerie feeling. But there is this romantic atmosphere as the restaurant's lighting is dim. Very dim for me, cause I can hardly read the menu. And when I worked there, I hardly know what I was scribbling onto my order chit, cause I can't see what I was writing.

Photobucket
Antique Piano or organ?...anyway it doesn't work

Well I am drifting off topic. So back to topic. I decided to settle down for Asparagus prawn and also the Aglio olio prawn pasta. Yes I know, I know why is it all prawns... Well someone likes to eat prawn and I am also a prawn lover...LOL

Photobucket
Asparagus Prawn

Photobucket
Aglio Olio Prawn Pasta

Brendan settled for the Lamb Shank and Hans settled for the Terriyaki Chicken.

When the food came, we started to dig in. The Asparagus prawn was good, but sadly the asparagus was a tad too old so it was hard to chew it. After that came the Aglio Olio Prawn Pasta. It was good, but a bit too dry. But It was still alright for me. The bright side was that the prawns were very fresh.

The terriyaki chicken was good...but the meat was burnt so it has this bitter taste to it. Hans loved the mash potatos though. I loved the Saute vegetables.

Photobucket
Burnt Terriyaki Chicken

Last but not least was the Lamb Shank. The lamb shank was good. The meat was tender and juicy. The sauce was superb.So I guess the lamb shank was the best dish for the night.

Photobucket
The best dish of the night...Lamb Shank

The drinks that night was good.No complaints for it.

So here are the overall ratings for the food that night.

Asparagus Prawn: 7.5/10
Aglio Olio Prawn Pasta: 8.5/10
Terriyaki Chicken: 6/10
Lamb Shank: 9.5/10


overall ratings for the restaurant: 8/10

The total cost for that night was RM 134.00

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ivy a very good friend of mine who works at Junk for giving me special treatment that night.

To someone special, being with you was the happiest moment in my life.

Stay tune for part 2 guys!!

Cheers!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"To someone special, being with you was the happiest moment in my life"...Ediwn, ahem..ahem.....i want to know who is this "SPECIAL SOMEONE" ....hahahhaa....lolz..i'm nto interested on the menu of the junk but im interested to know ur "ba gua" news..hahha

Dwinz said...

Wah lao vivi don't be so ba gua la... its just a special friend who accompany me through my ups and downs lor. Aiyu... u think too much... go see Junk's menu better la... XD

Anonymous said...

my god...someone special...

hmmmm... Ekk!!(thunder strike) Dun tell me it's....it's...

who arrr? as a PDF(pig dog friend) i have the right to know wor~

dun tell me ur special fren is wing arr...EEEEeeeee~

Dwinz said...

....lone... no lar... aiyo... why u all think until so far... make things so complicated leh...apuh~!

Anonymous said...

Junk menu is only food ma..if got money, den can eat straight away ..no nid see de..ur "ba gua" was too value liao ..so i wan to know den sell the copyright to the newspaper agency..hahha...hahha.not we make things so complicated, is u make us think so complicated.hahha.Dont u think so, lone?

Anonymous said...

wakakaka~ no la i jus messing around...since there are people ask then i ma ask u oso lo

Qnet Kuching said...

Dwin, thanks for ur dinner that night. i really enjoy the food there. Well done to The Junk. Thumbs up!

Dwinz said...

Prince: You are welcome. Glad that you guys enjoyed it.