Friday, June 01, 2007

Food Frenzy!

Seaweed craze!

I have found the love of my life…no, second love if my life…no, one of the loves of my life. Tao Kae Noi Crispy Japanese seaweed! I have seen this seaweed in the market for quite sometime but never really bothered to try until one fie day I decided to try it out and thus the love story began.


Tao Kae Noi seaweed comes in many different flavours. They have tomato flavour, tom yam, hot and spicy, wasabi and the newest tempura. So far I have tried the tom yam and the hot and spicy favour. Have not tried the wasabi, tomato and tempura flavour.

The sad thing is I still can’t find the tempura flavour in Kuching. Sighs… but I fell madly in love with the hot and spicy flavour. But I will try out the other flavours soon and hope I can find the tempura flavour in the market soon.



Try one yourself its good!

Delicious? heck... no idea why do I have that dumb expression on my face

Can you keep a secret?

Finally, after their opening for one month I managed to go and try them out. Secret Recipe is famous for their cakes.

Yummy! Cakes & Pies!

They have opened up their first branch her in Kuching. Located at Jalan Song Thian Cheok. Their second branch will be in The Spring Mall.


So far in my opinion the food isn’t that great but the cakes are outta this world. The pies are good too. Had the blackpepper beef pie was good and the shepherd’s pie was good too.

Cheezy Choc!

I tried the cakes too. The caramel cheese cake was good. Rich and not too sweet and the chocolate cheese was good too. The carrot cake was as good as the other cakes they offer. The drinks was good too, but I can’t remember the name.

Shepherd's Pie

I will be going back to try out more of their cakes. I think it is simply out of this world.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur face asked for sth...perhaps a fist, or more XD..u've earned urself a title,~potential "provoker"~

Anonymous said...

HOHOHOHO!!!!! come la... I like to provoke! XD wuahahaha

Angel Valerie said...

hey, u've tried the shepherd's pie as well? gosh, i just had it like yesterday!

Dwinz said...

Really? hey its deja vu hahaha...coolness. What do you think of ty=he shepherd's pie good?

Angel Valerie said...

yeah, kinda nice and i actually like it but then, its RM5.80 per piece. sob, so nice yet... quite expensive. but love the cakes!

Dwinz said...

The Shepherd's pie is 5.80? i can't remember the price heh.

yes the cakes are nice too. Have you tried the caramel cheese? it is good. not too sweet. and its really rich

Angel Valerie said...

yeah, its RM5.80 and there are two Secret Recipe's outlets in the neighbourhood where im staying now. but then, rarely go there too.

not yet. will go there to try it next time but then, the other day, i ordered the health cake or whatever the name is, it's peach something-something. eat until wanna vomit. haha... passed it to my friend in the end.

Dwinz said...

Health cake? I didn't notice any health cake. LOL... all I notice was the cheese cakes...yumz...

I heard its about RM 1.00 cheaper in KL... so I think down here its RM6.80