Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The King




Ah...The King...well at least I was told that it is called King flower. I don't know why did thy name it the king flower but one thing is for sure it is a nocturnal flower. Why did I say it is a nocturnal flower well...Because this particular flower only blooms during the night and withers when day light aprroaches. Very funny plant. But when it is at full bloom which is around midnight it realeases a sweet fragrance that is smells very calming. When it is blooming it attracts ants to come and collect its nectar.

The flower is white in colour, the size...well I do not know the size but I will say it is 4cm diameter...I think it is pretty big. That is not all the flower will only last for one night. Until the next day the flower will dry up and fall off the plant. The flower actually grows from the plant's leaves very funny and it hangs there like little laterns. It takes around 3-4 days for the flower buds to grow and bloom.


I think this is a very special plant. I'll say that it is more to the cactus family. To grow new plants you will just need the older or matured leaf and plant it on to the soil.

No comments: