Saturday, May 24, 2008

Pressured+Stress = Smoking to distress?

..............................................................................................................................................................................
Short Talk:
The never ending battle with assignments...and tests and now the war is nearing...sighs final exams...
Hates current situation.....

..............................................................................................................................................................................

I have always admired those friends of mine who does not need to work part-time while they are studying. All they need to worry is about their studies. As for me the story is different, after going through some financial difficulties in the family, I started to work as a part-time English tutor to earn my own allowances.

Soon after that, I had to pay for my own phone bill and also the internet bill and other minor expenses. I have been a part-time worker for 3 years or more now. Initially I did not feel the stress or pressure for the Uni workload was still manageable and students back then are not as hard to teach as compared to now.

This year I felt pressured and stressed the most not only because of my work and my studies but also some other things. The increasing expenses and the inconsistent income that I received. No one in my shoes would actually feel what I feel now. Some say, I can survive well with the income I received. But do they know how much are my fixed expenses? Well... I bet they do not know. For this coming month my pay will be roughly RM368 (USD 114.34). RM200.00 will go to the bills that I have to pay and I will be left with RM 168.00 (no inclusive of other expenses) to spend on food alone. Sometimes I don't know how the hell I pull through.

Photobucket
Photobucket
ciggies~~

Studies are not helping me much either, the constant tests and assignments are driving me up the wall. Since I am already in my second year and second semester, the subjects that I have enrolled in are very heavy on me. I do not know how to pull through.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
supplies....



My work is not making my life easier either. My students seemed to have little improvements. Some who doesn't even know how to speak basic English seems hopeless to me but as a tutor I have to try my best to help them. The thing is, these students does not have the initiative to learn. When they go home all they do is play computer games or watch TV or sleep. I suggested that when they are home they should at least read some English storybooks, easy ones that is and if they have a hard time understanding they can come and ask me and I will be glad to help them. For the past few weeks, I was preparing them for their mid-term exams, I gave them extra classes and on top of that I myself was having my exams and assignments due, it was one crazy week, whereby I felt like I was going for a breakdown.

Photobucket
so many brands!! WOW!!

I have been so stressed that I actually considered smoking. Since I hear a lot of people say smoking helps to distress one, I was willing to give it a go.

Photobucket
Photobucket
To smoke or not to smoke.... decisions....

Photobucket
a puff won't kill now ...
Photobucket
Feels damn good~!

Some of my friends said I was nuts, some forbid me to do it. In the end...I didn't do it.

Photobucket
Flu tablets ... sighs....

For now, I still have heaps to do and hopefully I will still be standing at the end. I have fallen sick again due to the stress and also the unforgiving humid weather we are experiencing down here.

Note:Those photos of me puffing the ciggies are just an imitation... I suck being a smoker.... but am good at imitating it! SO I DIDN'T SMOKE IT !!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to get angry when i read half way...huh~ if u reli smoked, i will stay away from u dwin..luckily u are still my "non-smoking friend"..

Angel Valerie said...

i will strangle u if u do that!!! super-duper kick ur arse! really, i would do just that when i get to see u soon enough!

please, sweetie, if u have some problems and u dont know who to turn to, i'll always be there. i might not be able to help much or even feel how u feel but then, at least sharing some of ur problems will make the burden lighter.

please, dont turn to smoking. i've been through a lot of relatives' departures just in 2008 because of smoking.

i dont want u to "leave" just yet.

Dwinz said...

vivi & angel: Ok Ok... I promise I won't resort in smoking... it was just a thought... just a little thought....

NaNa said...

dwin.. i seriously thought u start smoking.. that is so un-cool if u do eh! ~after all it doesn't suit ur personally *smile* good thing to hear u don't and one more thing.. i feel bad for myself cos still spend parents cash and forever a full time student.. hmm! should work eh me.lol

Dwinz said...

nana: Ok so smoking is not me...sighs would have thought i looked cool eh (joking). Since a lot of ppl tell me smoking helps to distress...who knows it can help me. Heh....

Well... there is the pro and cons...of working... I highly suggest while u are still studying don't work if can't cope with the pressure... you might end up like me ... wakakkaka

Lin Lin said...

hey, am cheated by you...... ho cai you not smoking if not dun come near me ho, at that time dun say i'm tiao kei dun friend with you ho...... i oledi tell you what is my reason right...... dun go for it later you look like those who drug..... hahaha......

Anonymous said...

=___= seems like there is no need for me to say anything now.(lol~)

hey~ long time didn't leave a message here so i dropped by. Good that u know smoking is not the solution.

Once u start to get used to that, u are not only killing urself but oso tighten your financial.

how's these days bro? already stress to max? few more month and get ur cert and get ur ass out of the uni and start work would eventually lighten ur financial problem.

i know u having hard time and different life like anyone here. but hey~ you got bunch of friend ready to hear u out.

(well exclude me coz... i only make thing worst, lol)

Anyway, same old word, any financial problem, call me~ if u really very tight. i able to lent out some amount. Not much, but able to let u get away from some stress.

take k and... be strong
NON-SMOKING DWINZ

wei said...

lol. u. cigarettes. lol.
seriously, try coffee...ot tea. i hear that drinking tea..u noe..in them small itsy bitsy cups...actually is good. cleanses and purifies your system. (i actually think thats a bunch of bull..its more like it makes you feel kinda stupid for spending so muchon a cup..but hey...its "cheaper" in the long run.

Dwinz said...

Lone: Alas, I hear from you again. Yes in life there are time when the stress level is increasing... sighs...life is like that I guess.

Thanks man, lol u are not that bad lar... u don make things worse don't worry. Hahaha...I think I will try hard and manage well.life is cool and assignments and tests, heavy subjects this sem. But overall I am still alive and standing as you can see.

and how's your life over there???

Wei: yeah... corny eh.. me and ciggy just don't tie together.... wakakak... really... I would love sip a cup of peppermint tea... ah... relaxing stuff.

Anonymous said...

Two words for you bro... Good Boy!

Dwinz said...

LOL... THX BRO!