Monday, October 16, 2006

Have a Scoop

Scoops, is this new gelato Bar that has recently open up in Kuching. I decided to go and try it out last Saturday. When I was there, business seems quite good a few groups of people there are already savouring themselves which delicious Ice-creams.




I went up to the counter, the system there is a bit odd though, i believe they are copying coffee bean style. First you have to pay for what you want, then the cashier will pass you a receipt, pass the receipt to another person, where you tell him/her what flavour you would like and they will put it in a small cup, then you take it and find a seat that you like and enjoy the ice-cream.

The bar counter

I decided to choose the double scoop which cost me around RM8.00 (No GST charge here), then I chose the flavour I wanted which was Strawberry and Blueberry yoghurt. My friends opted for French vanilla and Blueberry. The ice-cream was not bad quite OK. Of course it is better than Walls and Kings, it is definitely something new. The Strawberry was nice and blueberry is just as good. I think the price is quite reasonable but still a bit too expensive. But its quite worth it. The one I took there is a whole strawberry inside but it is frozen though because it is inside the ice cream.

Strawberry and Blueberry Yogurt


French vanilla and Blueberry

According to my sis it is too expensive and it is not as good as Haagen Dazs. But still there is not much choice in Kuching...some how this is the only gelato bar available in Kuching. Hopefully Haagen Daz might consider coming into Kuching. In this way we can have more variety.


The inside of Scoops

But overall, I think Scoops is quite good. the price is quite reasonable, service wise is not bad also. In case you want to visit Scoops, it is located opposite Hilton Kuching's front entrance. Easily found and can't be missed.

No comments: