Sunday, October 08, 2006

Traffic Congestion



I guess this is something pretty normal in most cities whether its a big city or a small city. Well in Kuching it is no different. But if you compare Kuching with KL or Tokyo or some other cities of course we far much better than them. But sometimes the Traffic congestion in Kuching can be quite scary too. I still remember recently in the newspaper they quoted that in Kuching alone there are some 250,000 vechicles and the number is still growing.

Long Queue

Well Kuching is growing, so I guess to number of vehicles on the road is growing too. What I think Kuching needs now is a real highway. A few of the roads down here are not suitable to have a traffic light. Even after they built a flyover after a few years, the traffic congestion problem is back and worse. An example is Jalan Simpang Tiga, During peak hours the jam goes all the way up to the flyover and its getting from bad to worse.

Congestion at Jalan Simpang Tiga

Another thing I find is that the roads in Kuching are never properly maintained... the roads down here are so bumpy!! well there is this certain company who is own by this CERTAIN someone who is suppose to maintaining the roads, don't seem to be doing the job...well I still live here so I better not say much...lolx

Morning rush hour at Jalan Simpang Tiga

No comments: