Monday, November 06, 2006

One and A half year of part time teaching

Since last year I have taken up part-time teaching job. from then onwards I have been teaching until today.. or should I say last month when the tuition centre is closed down for the holidays. I have worked for 3 tuition centre...currently teaching in two of them.


For this 1 1/2 years of teaching I've seen many type of students. I have met students who are smart but just doesn't want to study...lazy yet act smart students and really slow learning students. All the teaching that I've done had taught me to be a more patient person.

Come to think of it teaching has its pros and cons. So far the pros of teaching is that when your students achieved good results it makes you feel happy that you have helped them in achieving the results. Besides that, when you are having a really bad day, your students will surely brighten up your day.

My adorable Primary 6 Students at Top Students Tuition Centre. They are a bunch of smart kids and I am very very proud of them.

So far, I love all my students a lot. No matter what type of students they are I still love them. But the most stressful time is that when your students get out of control and they are not really afraid of you and it is hard for you to control them or they just refuse to do the work properly. It is also sad that when you find that your students are not making any improvement and you just don;t know what to do sometimes. This year I have received one particular student who is a very slow learner. he is going to be in secondary one next year and I am worried about him. He is very poor in his studies. He barely even know how to spell Monday to Sunday. Hopefully next year, when he returns I will be able to make a bit of improvement inside him. I believe he needs some intensive learning session. If I have the time I will be glad to do some extra classes with him to help him in all the ways I can.

I believe after one month I;ll be seeing him again on January 2007, when the new school terms starts.

One thing that I never like about teaching in the tuition centre that I am currently working for right now is that they do not pay the employees on time. I still remember that, in this year we only got our January pay on February 16th. I believe all the teachers were very angry with the management, yet they gave us some really lame excuses, like oh sorry because of some superstition that they should not pay us before Chinese New year or within Chinese New Year, well the actual Chinese Superstition is that, all owing debts must be paid before the Chinese Lunar New Year in order to prosper in that following year, but they have done it the other way round.

I am still waiting for my pay for October from both of my tuition centre. Unril today neither of them rang up. Hopefully they will ring me up sooner. I need my pay to reload my prepaid phone and I need to get my specs fixed.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teachin like u sure give A LOT to the society.Wat a GReat attitude of u. Carry on dude and may God BleSS U in all way round.Fix ur spec oredi?4got to ask u tat day, can see clearly now or stil blur like the datuk??? Hahaha :)