Friday, August 31, 2007

Celebrating 50 years of Independece


MERDEKA! MERDEKA! MERDEKA!...

MERDEKA simply means independence in the Malay language. This year Malaysia is going big. We are celebrating 50 years of Independence since 31 August 1957. At the same time this year has been designated as Visit Malaysia Year 2007. Lots and lots of interesting events have been planned for this year as I said before we are celebrating 50 years of nationhood. But there is a mistake in that, it is actually not 50 years but only 44 years. All of you must be wondering why is it 44 years and not 50 years? And if that is the case why are we claiming it to be 50 years, errr... Long story. Will explain it in another post.

For this post I would like to focus more on the New Proton Persona.
___________________________________________________
__________________________
PERSONA, Proton's Pride and Joy
_____________________________________________________________________

About a week ago, Proton a Malaysian car manufacturer launch a new sedan which was designated as the Proton Persona. Thus, they called it their pride and joy. I was really anxious to see what will this new sedan look liked. I believed a lot of people were down right curious how does the car look. They cleverly revealed parts of the car out. Just like when they wanted to launch the Proton Savvy. They showed the head lamps which looks cool.

The Proton Gen-2



Alas, the day of launching has arrived. When I looked at the ads revealing the car. My mouth just fell open... literally fell open not because of excitement but sheer disappointment. The car resembled a lot like the Proton Gen - 2, put it this way it was Gen-2 stretched! It was a Gen-2 with an arse! I was really disappointed.


The 16000 cc Proton Persona was to replaced the old tattered looking Proton Wira. But the new Persona is not without its good points. Researched has been done to improve the Persona. One of the improvements was the rear headroom which is now 980mm. Something which the Gen 2 lacks. I thought the CD player looks funky.







The boot of the car seems to be very big. The interior is quite spacious. But I don't quite like the steering wheel. Overall I think Persona is a so so car. But for the price they are offering for a 1.6 cc car it is quite a catch.

But personally, I would rather go for a Myvi or a Toyota Vios. LOL... I never quite fancy Proton's cars.

For more information about Persona, Visit

Paultan
Proton
zerotohundred

13 comments:

emointhecorner said...

OOOO PROTON BOLEH!!!

*bleargh* yea rite kiss my arse...

N hu the hell r those whore-ish looking ppl near the cars, its not like they come with the car yah noe!

hahaha the power of advertising to all those perverts, that's why women who drives sport cars get those with the hot,hunky and OO-lalalal italians and ang mohs!

emointhecorner said...

AND SEE I LEAVE U THE FIRST COMMENT SOME MORE!

sniff, sniff meanie threaten me, so cruel to this mei mei wei.

sniff sniff, have to work hard oso for my odoru...

Anonymous said...

wtf..... I didn't threatened u! DUH!
I was askin bout ur blog than casually asked about visitin me bloggy... gawd....


Oh those 2... ignore them LOL.... Really I still prefer Perodua's car... Myvi is still my first in Malaysian made cars. =)

emointhecorner said...

hahahha lol yea yea i cant help it if their ppl near cars, i always look at them first for some reason thou.

haha, anyway u totally forgot abt meeeee over ur foood tht nite man, ouch ouch ouch ><

Anonymous said...

Oppsi...I was engrossed with a tv program and sorta forgot.

Sowi... I am so so sowi... hehe...

emointhecorner said...

0_o...

i shall forgive, in exchange for a...

odoru! bwahahahahaha, and alcohol via someone chia me! hint hint.

Anonymous said...

Ahemz.... still odoru is based on results. For that, I only offer my sincere apology.

Alcohol, I am setting a limite for ur alcohol comsumption. =)

emointhecorner said...

...

BOO!
0_0...

-_____________-"

im not a kidddd, i dun need limit =_= boo boo boo, treat me like my ageee!

Anonymous said...

That mah dear is call protective k...whether u like it or not. There are always limitations. Applies to me too XD

Anonymous said...

here i m leaving a messagy to u again...

been busy few days ago. anyway, thanks for ur "BELATED" greeting. Hmph, didn't go remember ur "BEST" friend's bday n yet giving the excuse of dun wan to "disturb" me...

Anyway, today's subject is proton ka...tat two still ok though. oversea, i think the gal are more eyes striking than the car itself (which all the people jus take picture focusing on the gal LOL)

btw, ur pic... u "curi from other web one arr?" later kena banned then u know. hahahaha~

can say no one fancy proton car here.(sad to say i'm not either) And i dun see any changes for the look of the car. sounds like they are just playing with the name.

Oh well...that's all for now. None of them i interested. :P myvi still ok but too fat. savvy n viva not that pretty but heard that the spec not bad(patrol-saving etc)

look like more interest me are honda cars...but talking bout price. i dun wan to think bout tat...

Anonymous said...

LOL...finally a messagy from you.

Emm... at least I remember... and I wished u a happy belated birthday like just the next day. So that is not so bad la come to think of it. Don't you agree. I even forget some people's birthday and neva wished them happy birthday.


Same here, I dunno why but somehow Proton's car neva catches my attention. I mean for Malaysian made cars I prefer Myvi. Heard myvi is quite fuel efficient too.

As we talk about imported cars I would prefer Toyota, Ford(recently fell for it), BMW and Lexus. Hahaha

But like u said price is always the barrier here. LOL

emointhecorner said...

wah...limit...

cruel cruel
BTW
u better get my odoru ready yea...

because i got
a frigiing
50 outta 50 for my Nutrition assignment woo-HOO!

FREAKING FULL MARKS!!

proud? proud? heheheh

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT JADEY WELL DONE! I am very very proud of you. BUT when I say GRADES I do not mean ur Nutrition grades onli jadey its the overall.

strict policies apply here mei mei LOL