Thursday, August 02, 2007

Dining Out : Bella Italia - Italian Cuisine

VOL: 1

There are several good restaurants in Kuching that serves good food in Kuching and also at a reasonable price. On Monday I was craving for a creamy piping hot plate of pasta. Where to go in Kuching for good pastas and pizzas? Not Pizza hut, it is non-other than Bella Italia, a small Italian restaurant located at RH Plaza BDC. It is a bit hard to find Bella Italia as it is hidden behind RH Plaza. It is juts opposite Ming Kiong Garden, where they plant the Sarawak Apples.

Outside Bella Italia

Inside Bella Italia

Il Menu


Bella Italia
serves great pastas and pizza. It is also the one of the restauran
ts in Kuching that you can find a variety of pastas being cooked in different ways. On that fateful day I brought my two of my buddies along with me. In this way they can saviour good pastas and we are able to try out more things.

Cafe Latte

Ice Cappuccino

Ice Chocolate

After having a short battle to decide what I wanted I decided to settle on Linguine alla Marinara, My friends David and Tee Heng had Linguine alla Padrino and Fettucine alla Carbonara respectively.

My Linguine Marinara came first, I thought that it was really good, the sauce was tomato based and chunks of tomatoes can be found, the sauce was thick and taste was great, the pasta was soft and the seafood was pretty fresh, I just felt that the prawns are a wee bit to small. But overall I felt that it was good. Portion wise was fair.

Linguine alla Marinara

Tee Heng's Fettucine Carbonara was good, The sauce was thick and creamy and not too dry, the mushroom and bacon were well cooked. The pasta blended well with the sauce. The sauce tasted creamy but at the same time the aroma of the bacon and mushroom was downright mouthwatering.


Fettucine alla carbonara

David's Linguine Padrino was not bad. The sauce was definitely different from ours. But seems like the portion was not enough for him. The sauce is transparent and it is cooked together with smoked salmon, garlic, black olives and fresh chilli. I thought that it was good too.

Linguine alla Padrino

Since David (nicknamed the bottomless pit or Dapig) felt that the pasta was just not enough he settled for another pizza. But I cannot remember the name of the pizza though. The pizza unlike the pizza in pizza hut was thin but very crispy. The pizza was just as good as the pastas we had. The crust of the pizza was crispy and cheese melts in your mouth.

Pizza

I decided to try out the dessert, I have been dying to try out the tiramisu. So upon finding out the tiramisu was available on that day, I ordered a piece. Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made from espresson coffee, ladyfinger cookies as base, mascarpone, cheese, eggs, cream, sugar, Marsala wine, cocoa, and rum. It was delicious, as the you put it into your mouth it actually melts inside your mouth, its sweet and there is the taste of rum and wine which perks up your taste bud, leaving behind this feeling of satisfaction in your mouth. I have checked wikipedia for the meaning of tiramisu, and tiramisu in italian means "Pick-me-up"and metaphorically, "make me happy", but it could have a more sexual meaning to it (Hmmm....seductive or horny dessert ).

Tiramisu

Overall, highly recommend Bella Italia to all of you who wishes to try out good pastas and pizza in Kuching. Service wise from staffs was good and the food is great.

Map to Bella Italia (Not to be scaled)
Ratings:
Linguine alla Marinara - 9.5/10

Fettucina Alla Carbonara - 9.5/10
Liguine Alla Padrino - 8/10
Caffe Latte - 6/10
Ice Chocolate drink - 5/10
Ice Cappuccino - 6/10
Pizza - 8/10
Tiramisu - 9.5/10
Service - 8.5/10

20 comments:

pmp said...

walua eh... always go for good food. Didn't even tapao for me. I like pasta also le

emointhecorner said...

omg i remember having tht everyday! ahahaha especially the pizza with the lil fishy anchovies yum yum yum so good mai gawd!!

sigh, u better bring meeeee!
if you don't, i'll go back already to wherever!

hrumph ><" lol

Dwinz said...

pmp: aiyo... when you went to igloo oso din ask me ler pmp.... haha really. Then next time if I go I ask you to go also lo.

emointhecorner: You have been to bella italia jadey? I think it is a great place to have pastas beats junk anytime lor. ok ok

Anonymous said...

i went there before. I prefer go there at the nite time, inside look more beautiful. Hehe....... Foods there nice....... suggest all of you go and try.

Dwinz said...

chyelin: eh how come din on msn. SO far I have been there during day time. But the food is good. I recommend you guys to try the Tiramisu.

How's your blog? Still can't access it

Anonymous said...

mayb next time we shud make a comparison with west wood 1, u shud know the meaning of "few" from what sung has point out, though that west wood 1 was delicious as well..

Dwinz said...

nth: LOL... I heard sung told me about the portion of the pasta or spaghetti served by westwood... it was like really little. He describe it as paper thin one thin layer only. Last time the serving was still ok wonder why now the serving has shrunk... aih

emointhecorner said...

hahaha ya i used to go bella italia a lot with my dad lerh...

i mean before he met valerie and stuff yah noe.

sigh sigh how sad, oh and my uncle took me and my god sis there once for my b'dae i think...

it was quiet nice lerh...never had such a quiet and uneventful b'dae n it felt nice...

emointhecorner said...

so i love bella italia ahahaha

would love to go there again lor.

Anonymous said...

Where is ur Vol 2 le? About food anywhere? u r reli King of Food..

Dwinz said...

emointhecorner: Wow cool... I love bella italia, thumbs up for me for bella italia it is truly a great restaurant. When you come back we go there again. I love the tiramisu hehehehe.

anonymous: When you see Vol 1 is not on Bella Italia. I decided to start a new label and topic spefically for food. Dining Out basically is my main title. I will post up different places and restaurants based on this title. Vol 2 and 3 should be coming out soon.

Cheers. Nah not that good with food yet.

Anonymous said...

Alrite,but take 'CARE' of ur money oh.. Sure spend alots..Reli like BIG taUke, eat here eat thr. Like nothing to do one.Haha :)

Dwinz said...

anonymous: well.... I agree I do spend a lot on food... but hey I appreaciate good food. At the same time I am watching out for my pocket too. Hahaha to make sure I don not overspend. =) which I always failed to do so =P

Angel Valerie said...

bella italia is right in front of my neighbourhood here in PJ but i havent been there yet... so sad. my reasons would be:

1. lazy to walk around 10 to 15 minutes there.

2. i met with a flasher n since then, afraid to go out at night.

3. no one is kind enough to willing to go (spend) there with me.

4. im on diet!

there... though the reasons are all lame, still, i think for the nearest time, i wouldnt be going too...

emointhecorner said...

KOKO!

U
R
A
PIG!

how come never bring me to piggin oso?!?!

unfair -____________-"

Dwinz said...

angel: But bella italia is not a franchise ler... is it? =.=" all really very lame.... aih......

emointhecorner: ><" ok la when u come back we go piggin together lor... on you? lol

Angel Valerie said...

well, im not sure if its a franchisee or not because i didnt check them out too but we've several bella italia-s here.

never mind la. it's just not in my diet schedule nowadays although i do feel like going for them.

DrEaMm3r_pIsCeS said...

so delicious.....yummy yummy next time i muz go and try it up liaw.... hahahaha....

Dwinz said...

DrEaMm3r_pIsCeS: eh you really shud go and try eh. Its very good o. =)

emointhecorner said...

no no no

mei mei pig cannot chia.
and younger pig oso cannot chia!
boo boo booo!!

OLDER AND BIGGER KOKO PIG CHIA therefore! bwahahahaha and brig me oso to the little saigon nxt to it!

i wanna eat the cold rice noodle with pork!