Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dining Out: Simple Dishes


VOL: 2

Simple design, homey feeling. Who says we need to dine at posh restaurants in order to get good food?Jerald's Dining will prove my point. This restaurant is not over decorated with modern or cool interior design. It is just a small house that the yard or more like car porch that has been turned into a little dining restaurant. Jerald serves both oriental and also western dishes. The menu is simple nice and easy to read.




The whole restaurant is operated by its family members, two sons, a daughter and the parents. The restaurant itself is not very big just a few tables and it gets packed very easily. If you guys think that it comes with air-conditioner, well you can wash that thought away as the restaurant operates with just one ceiling fan. So its pretty humid, if it so happens that if that day is really hot and humid. You can guess that what is it going be like there.

Well, after checking the menu out I decided to settle for the same dish as my sister, the chicken chop with mushroom sauce. My dad and Ah Tek decided to settle for local dishes, Hokkien Noodles. As for the star of the night, my mother because it was her birthday settled for the Kung Pow Chicken with rice. I decided I wanted salad too so I went for the egg salad.

My sister recommended me the milkshake which I settled for Strawberry.

Strawberry milkshake

The food took quite a long time to come and usually salad is suppose to come first as it is the starter my salad came last! So service wise it was not that great at all.


The Chicken Chop was superb, the meat was soft and tender and the sauce was superb. The salad that came with it was good and the french fries goes really well with the mushroom sauce. My strawberry milkshake was just as good as my chicken chop. The Hokkien Noodles looks good but as for the taste I have no idea but from my dad's information it was good also.

Chicken Chop with mushroom sauce

Hokkien Noodles

The Kung Pow chicken came quite late. It was quite good but my mum grumbled that there were no vegetables that comes with it only meat with lots of dry chillies. The Egg Salad that I ordered was good too, the portion to me was a bit small.


Egg Salad

Ratings:
  • Chicken Chop - 9 / 10
  • Egg Salad - 8/ 10
  • Milkshake - 9/ 10
  • Service - 4/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I mentioned earlier on that we were celebrating my mum's birthday at J
erald's so here is the coverage on what we have done on that day.

I went for a haircut that day after my tuition class with Sung. But sadly the usual saloon that we visit was full and we had to try out another saloon in BDC called First Saloon. Cutting a hair at D' Saloon cost us around RM 16.00 but that day it cost us RM 25.00 per person because of the hair wash which took a long time, they lady gave us quite a massage, I must say. after that it was off to do some more things.

My hair looks way better than the way D' Saloon's staff styled for me.
Worth every penny

Later around 6 in the evening I had to go over to Secret Recipe to collect the cake I had specially ordered for my mother. I went for the espresso cheese cake. Which was just as good as the other cheese cakes served by secret recipe. It was not really sweet which was just right for my mother. We went for dinner around 7pm and when I brought the cake along with me the other customers keep staring at me again a bunch of kepo-gongs and kepo - mas.

Espresso Cheese Cake.
Written: "To our dearest mother, we love you very much. Happy Birthday!"


Sis and Mum

Sis and Tek

Mum and I

Dad and I

Then we sat down and oreded our food. After the satisfying meal I went and took the cake out, mum was quite shy. She keep asking us not to sing... well in the we didn't sing either, the next thing she said, "put one candle only just one". LOL I guess mum was just too shy to let people know her age. Do not worry mumsy your age is safe with us *winks*

Happy Birthday mum, We love you!

Cake cutting session

There was this couple beside us that kept staring over at out table... they must be drooling over the cake. LOL go get it yourself, its from Secret Recipe.

Overall dinner was great and so was the cake, Dinner thanks to my sister and her boyfriend Ah Tek.

I would also like to thank my friend Sung for lending me his wonder camera.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh~ ur mom's bday? "sit", wao another day of stabbing ur pocket? hahaha. then here is the word for ur mom (dunno spell right o wrong) "Tanjobi omedeto~ tomodachi no kasan"(it's says "happy bday~ fren's mother" something like tat hehe)

anyway, good luck there. And... keep on rocking babe~(yuck) =__=||| y i be the first to see n post. ai~

Dwinz said...

lone: Yup but this post came in a bit late though coz. Was too lazy to blog about it =P

Yucks... wrong choice of word with me dude. Why are u the first coz u are cool

emointhecorner said...

eee eddie ur mummy b'dae lol how sweet!!

*i have no clue if i shld wish mine*

ahahah i can't even remember my mum's b'dae sigh!!

ahaha ah well, happy b'dae to eddie's mummy and ur sis and u look so alike for some reason.

like a female eddie...

*chills* brrrr tht would be so perfect if u were a girl for some reason LOL!

anyway, i'll say it in にほん。 too

短所びわお目デット、私のかわいいお兄ちゃんのおかさんです!

Dwinz said...

emointhecorner: Stop with the Japanese wordings I dun get a word neh?

Yups lucky I wrote it down in my diary of birthdays. hehhehe so I sorta remembered, errr... Jadey sweet sweet jadey when is ur b'dae gain? =P

Of coz la my sis is her daughter wa... of course look like her la. =)

wth... me a girl...wat ever for?????? eiii... maybe in the next life? *shrugs* for now God wans me to be a guy LOL

pmp said...

hey. I wonder why you like to blog bout food? You like food a lot i think.
It's the greatest thing to spend valuable time with family. Enjoy the time together...

Anonymous said...

i mean rocking ur life la~ hahaha.

anyway, do ur best on ur course~ (Chis~ memang not like me. sitting here posting comment to u. haiz~ no choice, it's boring here~)

emointhecorner
hmmm mayb put some pronounation would be nice. :D since less people can read(at least i m one of them hehe n i hope to learn to XD)

hmmm~ the にほん mean nihon ka? oh well~ guess i too fresh to know tat means either~ completely losed. :P

emointhecorner said...

dwinz- boo boo boo...

you forgot my b'dae...omg...
0____0...

wah lau i remember urs at least 25 nov ><"

and u can't remember mine, how mean.
boo dun wanna u!

lone: hahaha yea i wanted to do pronunciations but my japanese teacher always say tht when u say a language stick to the original characters so that it's more meaningful lol, anyway i dun like writing it out in english doesn't look nice. and yea ur right about the 'nihon' btw!

^^ yay

Dwinz said...

pmp: lol... food is part of life, don't you agree? good food... makes one happy. But of course there are other things that makes one far more happier. Like praising the Lord.

Lone: Oh sorry, got the wrong meaning. Lone I think you and emointhecorner can fight Japanese la... she is good and you are quite good. My Japanese words = 0 XD

emointhecorner: Call it even jadey... My b'dae is so not in the 25th. I think yours is sometime in dec? am I correct?

What the heck is nihon... jadey what does the Japanese words mean? No fair........ T-T

Anonymous said...

it mean Re Ben(japan)the real word if not mistaken

talkin bout birthday, dwin arr.when is ur bday liao ar? damn i confuse again.hmmm...1126?
o 1128? :P not "emo" the only one who get it confused i think. muahahaha~

o ya ur "present", does it moved? if not i gonna get a spotlight and shine it 24 7.Let it melt oso hav to make it move. XD

And dun wan la.she got proper teacher teach whereby i only using my Miss"ANIME" as teacher. i can only type japs in eng. the real japs~ is actually 0.1% nia~(only know the word "の" hehe)

emointhecorner said...

dwinz- tough :P.
and i was just off by 3 days!!! gimme some credit at least its closer than just saying nov!

boo boo boo~

lone: i used to learn thru anime as well and then when i came to aus i begged the japanese teacher at my school to teach me lol!...it was a very intense begging session since i was in my last yr of schooling and im not suppose to be doing languages.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ANIME like crazyyyy, lol but still not good enuff to watch it without the subs thou -_-"

Dwinz said...

lone: Oh cool... hahaha....

swt... at least u got one of the dates correct. Yeah its 1128 haha.

LOL... its moving like nobody's business la... fuu yoh... gyrating piece of plastic man. But when there is no sun... its stops its hips shaking business... can't stand it gonna blog bout that lil piece of cuteness.

emointhecorner: =P.... haha... wot la... fair and square... so am I correct...

Jadey teach me Japanese... ANIME ROCKS... BLACK BLOOD BROTHERS ROCKS...Shinkiro... nice nice song

emointhecorner said...

ayerr shikirou is korean wor.

i dunno korean -_____-"

hahaha but japanese cannnn, wait till i get back lol!

and if u want online tutoring
tht's difficulttt.

u wanna noe how to read, write or swear?

Dwinz said...

emointhecorner: Ok cool! than it is a deal. Sensei! I am gonna call u Sensei from todae onwards... Buahahha...

I know Shikirou is a Korean song, but it is damn nice and I love every itty bitty of the lyrics and also the music, eventhough I don't get a word that the girl is singing except the English part.