Thursday, July 19, 2007

Always Interesting

I think I have just lost my social life. I have been extremely busy until I do not have anytime to update this dear blog of mine. To all the readers out there, please accept my sincere apologies for the sudden disappearance. These few weeks I have done nothing but going to the junk and work and then come back home prepare exam paper for my primary students and then at the same time helping my sister out with her assignment. Other than that, sending my mum to work, picking her from work and repaired my car because the stupid central locking went nuts, it was making this nasty sound which can be clearly heard even if you are a few meters away.


So I have been meaning to post this up for weeks, but I did not get the chance to do so. Well since I have the chance now, I am going to share this really freaky incident with all you.

The day was Saturday 07-07-07, to some it is an auspicious day because of the number, and to some it is just another normal day, to some it is a really unlucky day. To me, it is one heck of an interesting day. During my morning tuition class, my old pal Sung text messaged me and asked me if I were free and do I want to join him to go to Saberkas, well since I have nothing to do of course I agreed. Seems like he is planning to get a new camera, his old camera is…well crap is all I can, cause there is no cable, no box, charger what so ever that should come with a camera. Furthermore the reason why he wanted a new camera was because he will be flying off to Calgary, Canada. (Envy! Envy! I wanna go too! >.<)

Sung's lunch...pork rib rice

my lunch...chef's special fried noodles


After lunch off for a haircut

We went to this camera retailer at ground floor, and we spend quite sometime inside the shop, choosing the camera and at the same time listening to a bunch of craps by the salesman. YES! Bunch of craps by him because in the end he could not make up his mind about the importance of mega pixels for a camera. Why? Well at first he introduce my friend this Casio camera and said that it has lots of functions and it is 10 mp and it is a bargain for there is a free gift. A watch that will cost RM 300.00. But Sung decided not to settle for the Casio, his sharp eye caught the side of a Sony, so he asked the salesman about it and tested it. But it was still not very good and it’s too pricey. Suddenly, another camera caught his eye. This time it is a canon. The price is good, and it is a trustworthy brand, especially for cameras. I also thought that this is a good camera. It is equipped with image stabilizer software. Function wise, not bad too a lot to choose from. It is user friendly. It is 7.1mp, 3x optical zoom and a lot more which I can’t remember.

Grrrr... I hate the person who styled my hair... very un-stylish!

But overall I thought the cam was a pretty good bargain. It comes with a free 1 GB memory card, free leather pouch, umbrella and many more goodies. Tempting huh? Well I got tempted by it…sighs… now I have a new aim, that is to get hold of that cam, that is why I am slogging away so that I can get hold of that camera as soon as possible. Hope I am able to reach that goal soon. Thanks Sung, for enticing me to get a cam. (=. =)

Smoke...hmmm...someone having a BBQ?


Traffic jam...GAH!

But what was the most interesting thing that happened that day was when we witness a Hyundai Showroom on fire and also to witness the competency of Kuching’s firemen. Yes they were late! Because we found out that after 5 to 10 minutes while stuck in the traffic jam, suddenly the fire truck popped out from behind. By the time they reached the scene, the fire was pretty bad. The 3rd floor was completely burnt.


The usual... late......

Managed to squeeze in front

More smoke

I see flames!

OMFG!


shit! that is bad

The fire was so bad, that when Sung scrolled down his window we can feel the heat of the fire. One thing puzzles me though, with such intense heat why were there still people standing so near it. Well, I guess these people are non-other than the kepo-gongs (busybodies). The traffic jam was partly caused by these people who parked their vehicles at one side of the road and walked over the other side just to see the building being engulfed in flames.

Kepo gongs

It was a sad sight though; I truly pity the owner of the shop. Hope he can claim the insurance and fixed his shop up soon. So 07-07-07 is definitely not an auspicious day for him. And yes, another interesting day with Sung. I hope to see you back in Kuching soon dude. Cheers!

12 comments:

Angel Valerie said...

im reading this post while im eating dinner - daddy mee... heaty, heaty. hehe..

Dwinz said...

lol... eating mee daddy... eh... don't tell me you are eating instant noodles for dinner? That is not good you know... but mee daddy is nice... LOL...

emointhecorner said...

OMFG! tht fire holy holy shiat tht's like so bad man ><"

ahahahah i noe Kuching firemen sighhh almost as competent and potent as the police. jeez i think the police r like THE MOST CAPABLE PPL ever...

ahahaha i saw some police taking away some hooker looking gal the other day. it was like wow...tht face can be hooker.

0_0 <- - - - my expression. then i told my friend and she was like...*so loud somemore*

"WHERE GOT HOOKER IZZIT?!?!" \
pai seh pai seh luckily all the ang moh also kaypoh gongs muahahaha.
and see see i commented.

BTW- at least ur hairsyle is better than mine

*SOB* *SOB*

Dwinz said...

emointhecorner: hey hey... haha .... believe its bad man.

You know Malaysian style... Malaysia boleh ma. hahaha.... I think it shud be " The most capable people" XD

Hmmmm... lemme guess must be really fuggly eh the gal... Asian or Caucasian?

LOL... seems like in this world every humanbean is a kepo gong lol...

Dwinz said...

Opps... and the hairstyle... still I don't like the way the person styled it for me I look like a nerd.... shyt!

Anonymous said...

why? why?? why??? why sung is not considering for a NIKON? -血-|||

emointhecorner said...

ahahaha nerdy meh?

hmmm
sadly no diff to me ><" ehehehe

lol no lar not nerdy at all just err, ok ok lerh.
ahahaha

Angel Valerie said...

yeah, daddy mee for dinner. what can be done? i dont wanna go out - way to dangerous to be hanging out at night at my area nowadays.

nice... i've to bring them all the way from Sarawak.

Dwinz said...

nth: cause the canon one got image stabilizer ma. so its good. I am going for that camera too. some more 7.1mp. those photos are taken with his came. =)

emointhecorner: lolx... to me it looks nerdy... bleh ><"

btw how is ur hair?

angel: they don have mee daddy in KL? or West Malaysia??? really???

Angel Valerie said...

previously, they didnt have. i remember searching for them last semester but couldnt find them, be it Jusco or Carrefour.

but suddenly, i saw them in Carrefour this semester. but only the mee goreng is available. price... around RM1 more expensive.

i think it should be West M'sia. most of my friends nvr heard of it before. i bought a lot - give to them, as present. hehe.

emointhecorner said...

im feeling so bald...

so so so bald...
its growing kinda slightly ><"

ahahh hey hey anymore suggestions for good chinese character tattoos?

i like the god one u suggested or whatever it is ahaha.

Dwinz said...

angel: really, haha a Truly Sarawakian product. I think the onion oil is their magic tool that made their noodles taste good. Better than maggie I should say. Haha.

They have another brand called Mee Rakyat also the same company. Dunno why so many names.

emointhecorner: NO! you are not bald. Its the hairdresser that shud be bald. ha ha...hun you still look good to me ok.

hmmmm suggestions, chinese characters eh.I thought that '忍' was good. Then I mentioned ‘神’, how bout '龍' as in dragon. '风‘wind'. errr... er..... need more time to think hahaha.

you are seriously getting a tattoo?