Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lui Cha

Today was my first attempt eating Lui Cha. In case if you don't what Lui Cha is, I'll explain it to you. Lui Cha is a Hakka dish, Hakka is a sub group of the Han-Chinese. These people lives predominantly in the provinces of Guangdong, Jiangxi and Fujian in China. Lui Cha is basically made up from just vegetables so there is no meat in it and it is considered to be a healthy food.

Lui Cha anyone?

Lui Cha is served with rice, long beans, spring onions, minced beancurd and pickled radish, all these are served together inside a bowl. They will give you another bowl of soup separately. Now the soup is greenish in colour because the herbs and tea leaves are being blended together and the soup tastes bitter. So is not really what I would call a good food.

I practically had to force each mouthful of bitter liquid and vege into my mouth. I got so sick of it I felt like puking but I controlled and force it in. No offense but to some of you out there it may taste nice. As I said before the soup tasted bitter and with a minty taste to it too. So I felt like I was eating toothpaste. I forgot to mention you have to mix the soup with the bowl of veges.

Verdict:
Lui Cha is not that bad but it is just not my cup of tea. I would have it once in a while but not frequently. But my mum kept on telling me I have to acquire the taste and needs to try it out a few more times....

Well maybe next month.....

2 comments:

wei said...

yoyo!!

mmm...good stuff le!! where did you go get yours? hehehe

Anonymous said...

Yoyo!! haha

I know it is good stuff and it is suppose to be healthy food and all... but the taste wasn't that great to me haha.

Was at this house somewhere in Greenroad. Very popular....they even planted their own Lui cha hahaha. YOu like this stuff? if so next time bring you there.