Friday, February 01, 2008

Chicago 7

..............................................................................................................................................................................
Short Talk:
Wanted to go for a shopping spree... but I noticed that my wallet keeps telling me insufficient funds... sighs......

..............................................................................................................................................................................

Eating outlets are mushrooming everywhere in Kuching these days. Some are good some are bad, some are acceptable. Some have good food, some has inedible food, some have good food but damn lousy service.

Chicago 7 would be a new fast food chain in Kuching.They proudly claimed that they have the best broaster chicken in town and its being done the original way. But when I visited the restaurant, the broaster chicken was NOT yet available...ok fine... I accept the fact that maybe the machines has not arrived yet. So we had no choice but to order what was on the menu that is Burgers only.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Genuine Broaster

For those of you who had read Kenny Sia's blog, Chicago 7 should not be a new name to you. They gave their beef burger some weird name. The called it Cow burger...so I ordered the double cheese cow burger and ordered a blackcurrent drink. They gave me a number and said they will send my burger over. After paying up, adorable Tee Heng and I went and look for a seat to settle down.

Photobucket

After a few minutes a group of ladies sat a table or two away from us, then a small family sat opposite us and another family came in much later. To our astonishment, the people who came later than us got their food first. So we thought maybe their orders are easier to make. Maybe they have not caught or slaughtered the cow for my cow burger yet and Tee Heng's chicken burger's chicken must have escaped and they are trying to catch that naughty little feathered fowl back.

Then things got a little quirky, everyone who came later than us got their food and ours seem to be lost somewhere, I was going to be late for work... damn those people... has my cow really ran off? Has Tee Heng's chicken flew away and got into someone's pot of curry?

I called the person who took our order and asked...

Me: Excuse me, where is our food? We ordered earlier on and all the other people who came later got their food and I am going to be late for my work.(*tulan face...)

*tulan means pissed off in Hokkien

Waiter: (nervous and frightened look) ... oh ok... I go check now... (runs off to check our order)

Me: *Smirks*

But... we still had to wait for quite sometime. The order came... adorable Tee Heng takes a look at his burger and...

Adorable Tee Heng: (in mandarin...) Kanineh...this type of burger ask me cook at home I also know ma....GY...&^^$#%**U

Me: *looks at my burger*... mine looks good... but my fries... so sad looking... bloody hell!!

Do you guys have any idea that the fries portion is so little... so sad looking.

Photobucket
Look at the fries portion!! So little....bloody hell

Photobucket
At least Mr. Cow was not so bad.

Photobucket
Cute Tee Heng: KANINEH I ALSO KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS TYPE OF BURGER! *&$%^^&

To be fair my burger was good. As for Tee Heng's I have no idea, you guys can ask him bout that.

My Ratings for Chicago 7:

Food: 7/10
Service: 4/10 (They didn't even apologise for the late coming of our food)
ambience of the restaurant: 8/10

...........................

On another issue, totally not related to food is that I am so bored in my office and I do not have any internet connection and I don't know what to do until I started playing with Microsoft Paint. Is Started to create a few things...that was how bored I was. I will show you some of my masterpieces here. Well in all seriousness.I think it just sucks. LOL!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now I am here, bored and blogging this post via notepad, in the office. I seriously have nothing to do now. Hahaha!

1 comment:

Ntheng said...

lolx "adorable" me, lolx lolx, i think my pc just can't take it and restart for few times...

anyway for the chicken burger..i think they just went to the farm and caught 1 for me, thats probably why they spent such a long time, 4.5/10 for the taste, my mum can cook a better 1 than they do.