Sunday, October 28, 2007

10th Bible Conference

..............................................................................................................................................................................
Short Talk:
Final Examinations are coming up on 19th of November and I am pretty stressed out. No more procrastinating. Its time to get serious and do some serious revision.
..............................................................................................................................................................................


From 26-28th of October which is from Friday to Sunday, I have attended the 10th Bible Conference. The title for this conference is Our God Speaks. To tell the truth I have never attended any Christian conferences or any other such conferences in my entire 20 years of living in this world and I this conference did leave down a good impression in me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We had a special speaker for this conference. He flew half-way around the world just to preach and prophesies us. It is none other than Rev Kirk Duncan, from Canada. This man is 71 years old and trust me he is so energetic he looks more like a 40 plus man rather than a man of 71! its the truth! you should have seen him up there.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I am a camera shy person.... Shawn I am not "tiao keh" ok... I am the humblest amongst the humbles

From the very first day, when I heard him teach in my heart I thought he is a great speaker and teacher and true man of God. Yes, I won't deny he is good and I had learnt something from his teachings. Part of me has indeed been inspired by him and his teachings.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rev. Kirk Duncan and Pastor Kung Chin

His lessons are never boring, just like Pastor Dennis preachings. There is always a pinch of humour which keeps us awake and paying full attention.

But sadly, I was not able to attend the whole full conference. First, was due to my work and second because Jade's grandmother passed away and I just had to go and see if she is doing okay. I won't deny that I quite enjoyed the Bible Conference. Translation by the translators are pretty good. But I was not in any need for any translation as I can understand English pretty well.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Individuals and Couples being prophesied by Rev. Kirk Duncan

Now that the Bible Conference is over, do I feel refreshed or rejuvenated? I am not very sure but I guess part of me is being rejuvenated and that is no lie.

Next stop is the Malaysian National Convention, which will be held in Kuching also. I am not very sure if I want to go or not. But if I am on duty I guess I have no choice but to go. Other than that, I don't think I will be going. Financially, I am very tight. And if anyone of you out there are going to critique about my financial position. I have two words for you SHUT UP! Why? because you are not in my shoes so you do not know what a hellish life I am going through now. Some more my mood has been further dampen by someone who just reminded me of all the things I have to pay next month once I got my salary.

Note some photos in this post courtesy of Mr. Shawn Lee

12 comments:

Brenda, said...

Hey dwinz,
Where got ppl say themself humble-st among the humbles... lol. Self praise is no praise! lol.
Glad to hear that u're rejuvenated aft the BC!
I'M GOING TO MNC! I really think u shud go too, dwinz! I understand the situation u're in, whatever that would take $ out of your pocket has to be considered a billion times before deiciding. But what u can learn and get in return is much more than what $ can measure, bro. I'm sure it's going to be one of the most unforgettable events u've attended. I personally think u shouldn consider only the monetary aspect, see the greater purpose behind this event and the money that u pay for it =)

Anonymous said...

ya agreed, i'm hell broke now as well, whoever told me that he or she can stay alive without spending rm100 in 1 month, SHUT UP!! THATS UR SHOE, i don't reject my frends invitation and i don ask them pay for me

lolx release it's-going-to-be-final-soon and run-out-of-$$ mood a bit, who else wanna help me with my assignment-stress mood here?

Shawn said...

haha.. edwin.. I think most of the time you like to take photos one ler... and you're VAIN! hahaha.. jk jk.. yeah, as said. MNC is held only annually, and imagine you can meet all the brothers and sisters from all over Hope Malaysia. The preachers' are great too. It'll be a good input that you can receive into your spiritual life and grow from. Definitely gonna be blessed. :)

Anonymous said...

brenda: Lol got got me lar.... wakakaka... vain mar... so wot can I say...lol...

On the $ issue there are a lot of things to consider. I have a lot of things to pay which I can't say because I want to go MNC than I sacrifice... even if I do I have to think of the Short-term consequences. With the amount of cash left with me after I pay for MNC, how am I going to live for the rest of the month? What if some emergency comes up and I don't have to cash to pay for it. There are always little things to consider. Like what I learnt in economics there is always an opportunity cost.

Haha...yeap yeap Rejuvenated. Hahaha....

nth: Those people basically live off like leeches which they are leeching from their parents. That is why they do not need to spend a single cent. Nor are they obliged to any bill payments etc... so basically if they say they can live off RM 100 p/month maybe they shud be sent out there living alone without their parents and I give them RM 100 see how they can live off without spending that RM100. UNLESS they want to go beg for it... I have no say!

Anonymous said...

Shawn: OMG! this is the very first time you ever ever commented in my blog! Unbelievable! I feel so so honoured! Thank you so much for your comment!

Errr... Of course I am humble... I am definitely camera shy... its just that some paparazzi just love to take my photos... LOL... those VAIN photos you saw are NOT me but that is my Evil twin... not me not me >.<


As much as I would love to go to MNC there are a lot of things to take into consideration. Like the fees. I can't just pay and go to MNC without considering about how am I going to survive for this whole month. That aside, what if there is an emergency and I needed cash badly... where am I gonna get that cash? See things are never that simple. Even if you say trust God... I don't think God wants me to make those foolish actions.

And PLS do not suggest me to LOAN or ASK from PARENTS. That is outta the question ok.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

hang on there buddy. u almost finish ur uni. once out, i'm sure it'll be a lot more easier for u

Dwinz said...

Lone: Hope so, but sometimes life is just so...dunno how to say also LOL... speechless...

Anonymous said...

so speechless tu dun say la~ so easy oso dunno...lol

keep ciong out n get ur damn degree o bachelor la. then get ur ass off for better paid job n many thing tu can cover lo~

ai so easy~(to say)... fast fast help me graduate a degree baack la~

NTH: kick his(dwin) butt when he go get "high" o stop there resting...

Anonymous said...

Lone: that is why I keep quiet ma LOL...

Yala yala me ciong kin la. Apala u ask wing kick me.... later u come back baru know! XD

Anonymous said...

lone, i don dare to o, later his future honey(s) come and kick me that will b very hurt, i kick him no rasa 1, my leg broken nia

Anonymous said...

nth:true true, his butt is as hard as steel...then use chainsaw. easier(nyak nyak nyak~)his future wife ehh~ who will that be

dwin:bcos it would cost me rm400 to kick u once. i rather keep that for my other use. Plus i assume that after i back u are already had ur degree opportunity gone so... what is the point kicking u again.(btw, i m enjoying kicking u only,pass o not is not my problem)

Anonymous said...

lolx lone got a kuso point here, enjoy kicking ku~kukukuku...

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7595/kururulm4.jpg