Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day Trip-Sri Aman

Well.... I have spend my holidays doing a few things. Basically I went to Unimas with David to see their student's artwork, coffee and Donut session with my bro Sam and a day trip to Sri Aman with again, bro Sam. Ha ha.

Well, due to the fact that my part-time job only earn me peanuts and I am still studying I can't afford any overseas holiday trip. I can't go to the US, come to think of it, I can't afford to go to KL for now. I don't have people sponsoring me to go to Bangkok, Thailand. Sighs.... how sad can I get... LOL... but a person like me... doesn't really care, so Sri Aman is as anything.

We started our journey around 10.30am and we went for breakfast first. After, breakfast we started our journey to Sri Aman. Sri Aman is in a division on its own and it is around 188km away for the city of Kuching. It takes roughly 3 hours to reach Sri Aman and another 3 hours back to Kuching.

Sri Aman is a small cowboy town, nothing much to do there but if you do go there it is the tidal bore that you should not miss! Sri Aman is famous for its tidal bore. Every now and then, there is this huge tidal bore and sweeps through the Batang Lupar River which passes through this town.

Basically, its a laid back town, relaxing. So... I will let the photos to do some talking...

Photobucket
On the way up

Photobucket
passed by durian town - Serian

Photobucket
Photobucket
on the way up to serian you will see this chapel called the Hossana chapel

Photobucket
Bro sam and I

Photobucket
Our very first! self-made glazed donuts with fruits! haha

Photobucket
Life's Journey~~

Photobucket
Signboard

Photobucket
The sign says " Jalan Ban Hock" they have Ban Hock Road too?!

Photobucket
Yahoo... we are not far away....!

Photobucket
A catholic church before reaching Sri Aman

Photobucket
Sports center @ Sri Aman

Photobucket
Their Icon.. doves

Photobucket
The Market

Photobucket
The Stadium

Photobucket
A Chinese temple overlooking Batang Lupar River

Photobucket
Wah! Pollution

Photobucket
Tidal Bore signboard, haha

Photobucket
Part of Batang Lupar River... this river is famous for man eating crocs!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The beauty of nature

Photobucket
They light shining down for heaven...

Photobucket
Rainbow

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my hometown!!! u should bring me go ..den i will show u everything interesting in sri aman ..

Anonymous said...

hey bro, is ur bro Sam...Samuel Goh?? Looks like my E-Commerce lecturer from IBMS lei? haha
i kinda miss Sri Aman now that im so far away from it. Ahh yes...the tidal bore!! I've seen it before...it's just amazing what Mother Nature can do

Anonymous said...

florence jong, is tat u?

Dwinz said...

LOL...vivi bring me go eat Shark noodles.

Floj: Che! Yes that is sam goh my cousin Wakaka... SMall world....!! He is ur lec... Omg omg! LOL... cool!
eh heard u are his A student wor...
so proud of u che!

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's really Samuel Goh, my lecturer! and he's ur cuzzy, bro? what a smalll worlddd!!! It's hard not to do well in exam with such a committed and interesting lecturer hehe.

Hi Samuel...yep its me Florence Jong. Glad you still remember me =)))

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Florence! What happen to the Damai trip the whole class is suppose to go? Hahaha! I still remember that.

Anyway, whatcha doin now? Keep in touch. Get my msn from Edz. We keep in touch there!

Anonymous said...

Eh, bro. What r u doin in Sri Aman? That's my hometown la bro, haha. Long time never go back there.
Anyway, behind that sports complex is the Simanggang old Airstrip. The runway still visible but in a sorry state la...