Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yahoo! Donuts! Do-nuts!!!

...............................................................................................................................................................................
Short Talk:
Holidays for me! Wakakaka.... eh wait.... after the break I have assignments and exams... darn and my taxation facilitator ( what he calls himself), Nick told us that our exam will be extremely tough and we need to study hard for it... read the MTG ) Master Tax Guide.... and I still have MDM assignment to do.... Company Law to study....

*Poofs* there goes my holidays..... sighs....

..............................................................................................................................................................................

As all of you know... I dwinz is a donut freak.... yesh.... I luuuuuvvvvvv donuts... I am 'do'-'nuts'! get it? do-nuts? Lolx.... ok... fine I am really crazy.

Well, Since the opening of a few decent shopping malls in Kuching we have been seeing and influx of new retailers coming into Kuching. One of the most recent and upscale mall, named The Spring, which spelled heaven to me. Why? Well Spring is the premier lifestyle shopping mall in Kuching. It houses most of the international brands such as Esprit, Padini, Guess, G2000, Samsonite and many more.

Photobucket
Part of Spring Shopping Mall

To add in my love for this mall was the recently open donut shop called Big Apple donuts and Coffee. Yes! Yes! I am elated, finally a decent donut shop in Kuching... its like I am in a dream. So first was to taste the donuts!

Photobucket
Big Apple's outlet in the Spring Kuching

Photobucket

Photobucket
Big Apple Donuts! Yums!

Photobucket
(L-R) Pink Panter, Mango Tango, Chococino

Photobucket
(Clockwise L-R from top) Ice Berg, Mango Tango, Chocoholic, Green Teaser, Strawberry and Chococino.

Photobucket
Big A's donuts range


Earlier on in the morning, I heard that there was a long queue of people buying the donuts or more like trying out their luck for 1/2 dz of free donuts. So I went around 4 in the afternoon and to my surprise the queue was still quite long! I had to be in queue for 45 minutes just to get the donuts... yeah everyone in Kuching is in a donut craze now... I wonder how long would it last though. Believe it or not I went back again today! bought another 1/2 dz half of it given to cuzzie Sylvia (p/s: enjoy them cuzzie!) ha ha.

Photobucket
My favourite logo =P

Photobucket
Everyone is on donut frenzy!


Photobucket
Photobucket
The open / see through concept whereby one can see how the donuts are made

Anyway Big A is not bad at all, actually their donuts are quite good and the price is reasonable too! Their outlet design looks more or less like J.Co donuts and coffee in Pavillion KL and their donuts are comparable to J.Co too!

Photobucket
J.Co @ Pavillion KL

Photobucket
J. Co's logo

Photobucket
Hmmm... J.Co's donuts seem to be bigger.

Photobucket
Bananarama.... I miss it!

Photobucket
Cheesy donut

The only sad thing is... they don't offer Banana rama down here in Kuching...sad.... but they have the mango tango though! he he.

So far I tried a few of the flavours and I thought chococino was good. Green teaser (Green tea) was not that bad either. The weirdest flavour I have seen is the Duren Duren... or Durian flavour donuts! LOL... YES! Durian flavoured!

Overall, I like Big A's donuts and of course I will be going back for more.... Cheers to Big A for opening in Kuching!

Hmm.... I wonder is J.Co thinking of coming into Kuching or not? Lolz

7 comments:

Angel Valerie said...

eh, pray hard that j.co will go to Kuching too. then, i'll have no regrets going back to Kuching to work after this. hehe...

i dun want dunkin...

Dwinz said...

eh u know Big Apple is as good as J.Co... haha so I don't mind... their donut range is same as J.Co le

Angel Valerie said...

dunkin doesnt have much choices nowadays, u know?

Dwinz said...

Really? They don't...

hmmm...wait...yeah they don't hahaha...

but the Mnago Tango is not that great @ Big apple's because there isn't much Mango taste to it.

Angel Valerie said...

yeah... im loving j. co, yeah...

the thing is, u can fall in love all over again with those doughnuts no matter how many times u eat it. it always feel like first love, u know?

Dwinz said...

yes...exactly... sighs... donuts...

My mind is filled with donut images now....

Anonymous said...

lol i had half of the chocobla bla..no idea what it's called already...don't bother to go look it up and remember now. lol. and i had pink panther. it's nice~ thanks!! my dad had the mango tango so i had no chance to taste it. hehe.